Get Started Now: (877) 243-5309
Arundo Reed Thatch
The Arundo Reed Tile is made up of hundreds of simulated PVC thatch reeds, cut at different lengths and bound by a PVC fixing strip. When installed on a sub-roof, the thatch tiles overlap to give the appearance of the smooth traditional thatch.
- Easy to installation, no special skills required.
- Maintenance free, with no molding or decay.
- Multicolor variation to give an authentic appearance.
- Inherently Fire Retarded - Class B.
- 20 year limited warranty.
Arundo Reed can be used to replace natural reed thatch panels, traditional thatch or any roof shingles, carts, kiosk awnings, outdoor bars and gazebos.
- Arundo Reed Field Tiles are 12” w x 12”-18” l
- - Coverage per panel – 0.6 sq ft (installed 7” oc).
- Arundo Reed Eave Tiles are 4’w x 1.75"t x 2.75"d
- - Coverage per panel - 4 lin ft.
- Arundo Reed Ridge Tiles are 4’l
- - Coverage per panel – 4 lin ft.
- Arundo Reed Flex Hip Tiles are 16”l x 11.5”w
- - Coverage per panel – 1 lin ft (installed 12” oc).
- Arundo Reed Gable Tiles are 20”l x 8”w
- - Coverage per panel – 1.5 lin ft.
- Stands are made up of an extruded dyed Poly-Vinyl-Chloride compound.
- Poly-Vinyl-Chloride (PVC) strands are layered to give a smooth appearance when installed.
- Each Field Tile covers approximately 0.6 sq ft and are installed at 7” on center.
Arundo reed thatch is designed to be installed on a waterproof sub-roof.
There are two types of eave treatments that can be achieved with the Arundo Reed Thatch:
1) Traditional English / African roofs with a defined thick eave edge.
2) Tropical roof with a shaggy fringe edge.
Traditional English / African Roofs
- Install Arundo Reed Eave Wad along the eave edge of the roof by screwing through the panel and into the roof fascia board; the eave wad is to be positioned so that the reed will run in line with the roof slope.
- The first course of field tiles is to be installed at 7” up from the edge of the eave wad; this will result in the reeds of the field panel protruding beyond the eave wad. Using pruning shears trim off this excess in line with the edge of the eave wad.
- Continue installing the Arundo Reed Thatch Panels at 7" on center working from the bottom to top of the roof
- Accessory panels are available for Hip, Ridge and Gable installation
Tropical roof edge
- For a tranquil tropical island feel, the eave wad is not used. Regular field tiles are installed at least 6” to 7” from the roof edge. This results in a laid back tropical island feel.
- The remainder of the roof is completed by installing the field tiles at 7” on center and working from bottom to top in the similar fashion as installing roofing shingles.
- Accessory tiles are available for Hip, Ridge and Gable for a smooth transition.
|Arundo Reed Thatch Panel - 12" x 12"-18" Installed 7" on center||1-panel||$5.00|
|Arundo Reed Eave Wad Panel - 4' w x 1.75" t x 2.75"d||1-panel||$36.00|
|Arundo Reed Ridge Panel - 4'||1-panel||$82.00|
|Arundo Reed Flex Hip Panel - 16"L x 11.5"W||1-panel||$16.00|
|Arundo Reed Gable Panel - 20"L x 8"W||1-panel||$10.00|
* Prices subject to change without notice.
FAQ: Arundo Reed Thatch
If the Arundo Reed panel is installed on a subroof, what can I use to put on the interior of the plywood?
We have a great product called Reed Ceiling Board and it’s primary use is to imitate a natural thatch ceiling. If you have the Arundo Reed panels on the exterior, no-one would know that you have a subroof, because when you look up in the interior all you see is the thatch reeds, as the 4’ x 8’ Reed Ceiling Boards glue directly to the plywood.
Is Arundo Reed a recycled product?
Currently Arundo Reed uses 13% of recycled materials. We are hoping to improve on this percentage.
Is Arundo Reed supplied in only one color?
The standard stock item is made up of multiple natural colors to imitate the natural Thatch Reed panel. However, we will do custom blends of ANY color for large orders that would fill a 20’ or 40’ container.
Others who bought this product also purchased:
CALL NOW for more information about our ARUNDO REED THATCH - 877-243-5309