Get Started Now: (877) 243-5309
Faux Reed Thatch
The Faux Reed Thatch panel is artificial thatch designed to exceed natural thatch in durability yet still maintain an authentic thatch appearance. Unlike Faux Palm Thatch, Faux Reed Thatch creates a more molded finish silhouette. It resists fading, rotting, decaying, humidity, UV/weather damage, fire, and wind uplift.
- Faux Reed is maintenance free. Will not mold, rot decay or shed.
- Installation costs are low, since no specialized craftsmen are necessary for installation.
- Resists termites, birds and other pests.
- Faux Reed Thatch comes standard with an inherent Class A Fire Retardant.
- Our Faux Reed Thatch is proudly made in USA, so lead times are short.
- Authentic natural coloration varying between brown, tan and honey which is UV protected against the outdoor elements.
- This product comes with a 20-year limited warranty.
The Faux Reed Thatch panels are ideal for applying to sloped roofs were a thatched roof appearance is desirable, resorts, zoos, residential and theme parks.
- The Faux Reed Thatch panel consists of individual synthetic reeds manufactured from a hi-grade PVC compound, bound together by a 23-gage grade 304 stainless steel binder.
- The Faux Thatch Reed Eve Wad Panel is 4" thick by 48" wide and attaches to the eve of the roof. (There are 4 of these panels per box = 16 linear feet).
- The Faux Reed Thatch Starter Panel, 42" x 5" (24 panels per box = 84 linear feet) then attaches on top of the Eve Wad Panel.
- Lastly the Faux Reed Thatch panel is then installed in layers to cover the remainder of the roof. These panels are 42" wide x 10" long. (There are 18 Faux Reed Thatch Panels per box which covers 26.244 square feet when installed at 5”oc).
- All orders must be rounded to the nearest box quantity.
|Faux Reed Thatch Panel (sold by the box / 18 panels - 26.2444 sq. ft) 36" x 10"||1-box||$525.00|
|Faux Reed Eve Wad Panel (sold by the box / 4 pcs - 16 linear ft) 48" x 4"||1-box||$272.00|
|Faux Reed Starter Thatch Panel (sold by the box / 24 panels - 84 linear ft) 36" x 6"||1-box||$672.00|
|Faux Reed Ceiling Panel (sold per square foot) 12"x14"||$10.00|
* Prices subject to change without notice.
FAQ: Faux Reed Thatch
How will the Faux Reed Thatch panel perform in strong winds?
The product has been tested to 110 mph hurricane wind conditions and we have referrals of Floridian customers that survived 3 hurricanes in a row.
How would I use this product to thatch my hips on the roof?
Take a regular field panel and cut it in half. Insert a half of a field panel in between the regular field panels going up the hip. (Hip Detail) Bend the panels around the hip and this will add that extra layer under the existing hip layers making the hips a little fuller. It also helps with the splaying of the thatch.
Others who bought this product also purchased:
CALL NOW for more information about our FAUX REED THATCH - 877-243-5309