Get Started Now: (877) 243-5309
Mexican Rain Cape
Mexican Rain Cape makes it effortless to convert ordinary structures into tropical island retreats with its shaggy thatch exterior and woven knotted interior.
- Mexican Rain Cape sheets are a versatile product in that they can be cut to any shape between the knots without unraveling.
- A light thatch material great for indoor use which does not require much support to be elevated.
Mexican Rain Cape Sheets are so easy to work with. Drap over a bamboo frame or structure to create a tropical setting or install on the underside of a roof for a cozy thatch hut feel.
- Mexican Rain Cape Sheets are 42” x 42” x 1/8” and Round Capes are 9' and 12' diameter.
- Each square sheet provides 10 sq ft of coverage.
- Thatch sheets and capes are hand-woven palm leaf sheet and weigh about 5 lbs, 20lbs and 40lbs respectively.
- Sheets are sold in bales of 12 and capes are sold individually.
- Longevity: 1-2 years outdoors; indefinitely indoors.
- Mexican Rain Cape can be ordered pre-fire retarded for interior or exterior use or Fire retardants can also be applied on site to installed thatch structure.
Easy DIY installation; no special skills are required.
Minimum recommended installation pitch is 30 degrees (7 in 12); Longevity will increase with pitch increase.
Work from the bottom edge of the roof, place the first sheet on the roof with an overhang that you’re comfortable with. Using a pneumatic stapler secure the sheet to your roof structure. Install the 2nd piece allowing it to overlap the first by 3” to 4” and ensuring that the overhang fringe line matches with the first sheet. Continue with this format and work your way all around the structure and then install your second course overlapping the first layer by approximate. 6” to 8”s. Continue in this fashion working your way and completing the roof thatching.
|Mexican Rain Cape single sheets - 42" x 42"||1-sheet||$16.00|
|Mexican Rain Cape sheets - Fire Retarded 42" x 42"||1-sheet||$48.00|
|Mexican Rain Cape Umbrella Cape - 9ft. diameter||1-cape||$135.00|
|Mexican Rain Cape Umbrella Cape - 12ft. diameter||1-cape||$160.00|
* Prices subject to change without notice.
FAQ: Mexican Rain Cape
How long can I expect Mexican Rain Cape thatch to last?
Mexican Rain Cape thatch will last 1-2 years outside and indefinitely inside.
Is Mexican Rain Cape thatch waterproof?
No; Mexican Rain Cape thatch is purely for shade cover and to create a tropical feel for your product.
How do I install my Mexican Rain Cape over my existing umbrella?
This is so easy, literally throw the Thatch Cape over the existing market or canvas umbrella and center the cape with the apex of the umbrella. If the umbrella has a notch at the top, let this poke through the thatch. The weight of the thatch will lie flat on the umbrella. If you are in a high wind area, we suggest you use a few zip ties to anchor the cape to the canvas.
Others who bought this product also purchased:
CALL NOW for more information about our MEXICAN RAIN CAPE - 877-243-5309