Get Started Now: (877) 243-5309
Thatch Reed Panels
- Thatch reed panels are 5% to 10% cooler than regular shade materials.
- Panels are 99% waterproof when installed 12” on center.
- Will last four to five years depending on the location. Hot, dry climates are best.
Product DescriptionThatch reed panels from amaZulu offer an authentic African look to any existing roof or umbrella. The easy-to-install panels allow trapped heat to escape through the reeds, keeping the structure 5% to 10% cooler than other traditional thatching options. The thatch reed panels will also act as insulation during winter months. Depending on the environmental conditions the thatch reed panels are installed in, they will last four to five years. We suggest using natural thatch in warmer, dryer climates to extend the longevity of the thatch. If you’re looking for a more durable option, please take a look at our synthetic thatch options.
|Thatch Reed Panels (non-fired retarded) 31" x 16" x 1.5"||1-panel||$29.00|
|Thatch Reed Top Cone (non-fired retarded) - 34" diameter||1-top cone||$137.00|
|Fire Retarding available||Request Pricing Information|
* Prices subject to change without notice.
- Available in a 31” x 16” x 1.5” panel.
- 12” of the reed is exposed.
- Panel covers 2.5 square feet.
- Panel weighs 10 lbs.
- Six panels are in one box.
- Reed poles are bound together using a flexible two component polyurethane mixture, reinforced with shade cloth that is glued together at one end.
Quick and easy to install. No special tools or skills are needed.
Thatch reed panels can be clipped over 1/4” or 8mm steel rods or attached with 2” or 50mm nails or staples to wooden battens. We suggest installing the thatch reed panels on a pitch of 30 degrees. The steeper the pitch the longer the panels will last. Please refer to the diagram below for more information.
FAQ: Thatch Reed Panels
How do I install the thatch reed panels on my existing roof?
You will need to attach a grid structure to the roof before installing the thatch to allow for water to flow underneath the panels. Attach the thatch reed panels directly to the grid structure.
Get a Quote Now