Get Started Now: (877) 243-5309
- Nature provides variations of color and fiber thickness which combine to make each mat unique.
- Inexpensive and very versatile with a high quality of fibers.
- Can be cut to various shapes by creating a "cut line" with masking tape on both sides of the mat before cutting.
Pricing for this product starts at - Show/Hide Pricing Options
|Seagrass Mat - 3ft x 6ft||1-roll||$31.00|
* Prices subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote Now
Call us at (877) 243-5309
- Seagrass is from coastal regions around the world, grown mostly in paddy fields which require flooding of seawater during a crop cycle.
- Sold in sheets of 4’ x 6' – 8’ (dimensions vary slightly because it is a handmade product)
- Seagrass Mat color varies in shades of beige, tan, and light green.
- Option of purchasing pre-fire retarded or sprayed after installation to a "Class A" or "Class B" specifications
- Glue to surface with contact cement or flexible wall/floor adhesives. Can also be stapled directly to surface or furring strips.
- This product can be treated with clear polyurethane or varnish for added sheen and durability.
- Best used for interior applications, such as wall, window, door, or ceiling coverings.
- Cupboard or cabinet fronts
- Wrap around posts or columns
- Counter tops (set in clear resin)
- Beach mats
FAQ: Seagrass Mat
DID YOU KNOW?
Dried seagrass material was commonly used as housing insulation until well into the 20th century. Its thermal and soundproofing properties are derived largely from the air spaces which occur in mats of seagrass material. One of the major beneficial properties of seagrass as insulation is that it is non-flammable because of its high silicon content. A popular form of insulation in the United States was a product named Cabot's quilt attributed to its inventor. The mats of dried seagrass material were inserted into the walls of houses. The material was also used to soundproof radio studios in the USA and the UK.
Additional Seagrass Mat Information:
Mesh size and color can vary from batch-to-batch, as this is a natural product. As with mats made of vegetable fibers, slight weaving and shade irregularity are common characteristics. Fading due to direct exposure to sunlight is uniform, resembling the tones of unfinished wood.
Others who bought this item also purchased: