ALSO CALLED: Bamboo Trim | Bamboo Strips | Flat Bamboo Slats
Bamboo slats are essentially bamboo poles cut in half to use as trim as a decorative bamboo finish. Bamboo slats make a great addition to be used as molding for bamboo furniture or bound together as covered ceilings, wall covering, bamboo slat fencing, load-bearing beams and more.
Bamboo Slats Benefits:
- The pieces of bamboo slat provide you with extra design possibilities.
- The ease of installation saves you time and money.
Bamboo Slats Features:
- Our Bamboo Slats are flattened on one side to make for an easy installation.
- Note that all dimensions provided are approximate.
- Bamboo slats are available in natural honey or stained mahogany.
- Bamboo slats are 1.75” wide and 6’ long.
Pre-drill a hole in the node—the thickest part of the bamboo strip—and screw it onto your structure. Wood putty mixed with a little bamboo saw dust works well to hide the screw. A pneumatic nail gun can be used as well.
Can Bamboo Slats come in other lengths?
We offer an industry standard of six foot in length.
Can the Bamboo Slats be stained?
Yes. Use a standard wood stain on your bamboo strip. We have found that applying Jacobean colored stain to our mahogany bamboo slats creates a rich walnut color.