Natural Thatch Capes
The Natural Thatch Mexican Capes have a “shaggy” appearance on the outside and a neat weave on the inside. The Capes come as a single unit in 9ft and 12ft diameters. Please read our installation guide and care instructions before installing the capes. If you are using the Natural Thatch Mexican Capes for an outdoor application you may want to consider our Synthetic version for a much longer lifespan, please see “Synthetic Thatch Mexican Capes.” If you have additional questions, fill out our form and one of our sales reps will contact you as quickly as possible.
- Easy DIY Install
- Lightweight cover to theme commercial canvas umbrellas
- Instant tropical motif especially for tempory themed functions and corporate events
- Round capes are 9’ and 12’ in diameter.
- Will last one to two years outdoors and indefinitely indoors.
- Optional fire retardant available for both indoor and outdoor applications.
Natural Thatch Capes Installation Instructions
- Identify the center of the cape with some string.
- Fold the cape in half, then quarter, then eighth with the inside of the cape facing upward.
- Lift cape onto the wooden or metal frame making sure the center of the frame is matched to the center of the cape.
- Now unfold the Natural Thatch Mexican Capes and flip over the last half so that the cape has the shaggy thatch on the outside and the woven material on the outside.
- Secure the cape to the umbrella frame using zip ties.
- Installation Guide for Natural Thatch Mexican Capes
Are the Natural Thatch Mexican Capes waterproof?
No these capes are purely used as a decorative cover. If you’re looking for waterproof alternatives, take a look at our Synthetic Thatch Cape Option.
How long would the natural thatch cape last outdoors?
The Natural Thatch Mexican Capes should last 1-2 years depending on weather outdoors. If you are looking for a similar product with a longer life span, take a look at our Synthetic Thatch Cape Option.