ALSO CALLED: Dendrocalamus Asper | Giant Bamboo | Dragon Bamboo
Petung Bamboo’s 4-year growth cycle and carbon sequestration capacity make it the most environmentally conscientious building material conceivable. Its culms are large in diameter and mostly straight making them ideal for bamboo architecture. Petung bamboo is mainly farmed near the river valleys and it is ideal for support poles, roof beams, decorative accents and more.
Petung Bamboo Benefits:
- Color varies in shades of tan.
- Petung bamboo poles have a wall thickness of 8 to 20 cm that resist splitting.
Features of Petung Bamboo:
- The average height is 15 – 30 meters
- The average diameter is 8 – 20 cm
- Wall thickness is 11 – 20 cm
- Available in these sizes 1 ½” – 2” x 12’, 2-3” x 12’, 3-4” x 12’, 4-5” x 12’ and 5-6” x 18’
- The Petung Bamboo is treated with Borax
Add installation here.
Does bamboo lose its form after a while?
Bamboo is a flexible and tensile material with the strength equivalent to steel. We account for the flexibility in the engineering process and work to ensure our bamboo maintains its integrity over time.
How can I access large quantities of Petung Bamboo?
Petung bamboo is plentiful in river valleys throughout Asia, and the clumps regenerate each year. Bamboo is ready for use as a building material at age 3-5 years. amaZulu is fully stocked and ready to help.