Solid Bamboo Poles
Solid bamboo poles are the most widely used because they are thick-walled and ideal for many types of construction projects. Bamboo is already sustainable and grows generously in many parts of the country. Solid bamboo poles are used frequently when building furniture, bamboo fencing and anything else that needs to be weight bearing. If you are looking for thick bamboo canes or large diameter bamboo for a construction project, then solid bamboo poles will be a good fit for you.
Read our specs below as well as the FAQs. If you still have questions, contact us using the form below.
- Extremely dense walls allow for minimal, if any, splitting.
- Can be used for indoor and outdoor applications in any climate.
- Color varies between shades of tan and honey.
- Solid bamboo poles are slightly flexible.
- Note that all dimensions are approximate.
Solid Bamboo Poles Benefits:
- The solid bamboo poles are versatile, sturdy and long-lasting.
- They create an authentic atmosphere for your installations.
- Natural coloring also adds to that authenticity.
- Solid bamboo poles have a wall thickness between 60 and 99 percent of its diameter.
- Bamboo poles are available in 8’, 10, and 12’ lengths and average 1.5” in diameter.
- Lightly sanded with a polyurethane finish.
- All amaZulu solid bamboo poles are pressure treated, unlike local poles that are soaked in chemicals where treatment penetration does not go throughout the walls. Hence powder post beetle is always a risk.
To install any solid bamboo poles, pre-drill a hole before screwing through the bamboo. Try to screw through the node—the thickest part of the solid bamboo pole—if you are able.
Can I stain the polyurethane treated Solid Bamboo Poles?
No, you would need to use the natural solid bamboo poles and sand them lightly to stain them.
Is bamboo susceptible to insects?
Our Solid Bamboo Poles are treated in various ways to prevent damage from insects.
Is the bamboo diameter the same width throughout the length of the bamboo pole?
Because bamboo is a natural product, the diameter can vary up to one inch per 10 linear feet.