Synthetic Thatch Mexican Capes
ALSO CALLED: Mexican Thatch | Mexican Palm Thatch | Mexican Thatch Grass
Synthetic Thatch Mexican Capes are a circular shaped Mexican Thatch which is the perfect solution to create a tropical and lush feel to any outdoor space. It typically goes over the top of a frame or an existing commercial umbrella to give that tropical upgrade!
These Synthetic Thatch Mexican Capes are easy to install and will last for years with very little maintenance. Below are specs, features and FAQs. If you have additional questions, please fill out the form below and one of our design consultants will be happy to assist you.
- Light thatch cape material is great for indoor or outdoor use.
- Maintenance free, will not remold, rot, or shed.
- Resists termites, birds and other pests that normally infest and breakdown natural thatch.
- No season shortages because it is factory produced.
- 100% recyclable. Made of HDPE, high-density polyethylene.
- Will not fade or discolor. Each strand varies in color from brown to honey, giving it a very natural authentic look.
- Easy DIY installation.
For more information, please refer to the following documents:
- Manufacturer's 5-year limited warranty
- Synthetic Thatch Mexican Capes are 8.5’, 9’, 11’, 12’ and 14' in diameter
- Made from HDPE plastic.
- Covers are sold individually.
- Weight 50 lbs or 85 lbs depending on size.
- Synthetic Thatch Mexican Capes come with a 5-year limited warranty.
- Identify the center of the cape with some string.
- Fold the cape in half, then quarter, then eighth with the inside of the cape facing upward.
- Lift cape onto the wooden or metal frame making sure the center of the frame is matched to the center of the cape.
- Now unfold the Synthetic Thatch Mexican Capes and flip over the last half so that the cape has the shaggy thatch on the outside and the woven material on the outside.
- Secure the cape to the umbrella frame using zip ties.
- Installation Guide for Synthetic Thatch Mexican Capes
Are the Synthetic Thatch Mexican Capes waterproof?
No. Synthetic Thatch Mexican Capes are to be used as a decorative shade cover to add a tropical feel to your structure. If you’re looking for waterproofing using this product you would need a waterproof underlayment such as a canvas cover or a subroof.
How do I install the thatch Mexican capes on an existing umbrella?
This is easy. Simply throw the rounded thatch cape over the existing umbrella and center the cape. If the umbrella has a notch at the top, let it poke through the thatch so it lays flat on the umbrella. If you are in a windy area, we suggest using zip ties to anchor the Mexican rain cape to the umbrella.