Please watch our video of Mangoes Cafe incorporating Tre-Gai Bamboo into their design.
- Tre-Gai bamboo poles have a wall thickness of 50 to 100 percent that resist splitting.
- Nodes are pronounced and rustic-looking.
- Color varies in shades of tan.
- Note that all dimensions are approximate.
- The poles are sturdy and long-lasting.
- They create an authentic atmosphere for your installations.
- Natural coloring also adds to that authenticity.
- Available in 8’, 10, and 12’ lengths and average between 2-3” and 3-4” in diameter.
- All amaZulu solid bamboo poles are pressure treated, unlike local poles that are soaked in chemicals where treatment penetration does not go throughout the walls. Hence powder post beetle is always a risk.
To install Tre-Gai bamboo poles, pre-drill a hole before screwing through the bamboo. Try to screw through the node—the thickest part of the bamboo pole—if you are able.
Can I stain the polyurethane treated Tre-Gai Bamboo Poles?
No, you would need to use natural Tre-Gai bamboo poles and sand them lightly to stain.
Is Tre-Gai Bamboo susceptible to insects?
No, amaZulus Tre-Gai bamboo is pressure treated.
Is the Tre-Gai Bamboo diameter the same width throughout the length of the pole?
Because Tre-Gai bamboo is a natural product, the diameter can vary up to one inch per 10 linear feet.