Synthetic Viro Thatch Reed – Layered
Synthetic Viro Thatch Reed – Layered Panels create an authentic African Reed Thatch look and feel. Reeds refer to several tall, kinds of grasses that grow in wetlands. We create these artificial grasses and reeds by layering hundreds of multi-colored, simulated high-density polyethylene. Viro thatch reed is a perfect alternative to real, traditional reed thatch. Using Synthetic Viro Thatch Reed instead of natural thatch reed will provide years of maintenance-free enjoyment of your tropical paradise. See our specs and FAQs below. If you have any questions regarding any of our reed thatch roof products, please fill out the form below.
- Viro reed thatch roofing resists decay and pests.
- Made from high-density polyethylene that is 100% recyclable.
- UV-stabilized to keep out harmful sunrays
- 20-year limited warranty.
Viro Thatch Reed Benefits
- Long life-cycle reduces the per-year cost of your projects.
- Recyclability helps the environment and can contribute to LEED points.
- Sun-resistance keeps your facility looking new.
- A product you can trust.
- High-density polyurethane binder that remains flexible.
- Each panel is 31” by 17.5” and can cover 2.5 square feet.
- Top cone is 34” for use on apex or umbrella or roof.
- ASTM E108 Class A fire retardant options available.
- Optional chlorine protection available to prevent discoloration.
- Can be used for interior and exterior applications.
For more information, please refer to the following documents:
Install the first thatch roof panel on the second baton from the bottom and maintain an exposure of 12” per panel as you move up the Viro thatch roof. At the hips, cut one panel in half and bend it to conform to the hip while allowing two hip courses to one field course. Fasten each panel with at least five roofing nails.
If the Viro thatch reed layered panel is installed on a sub-roof, what can I use to put on the interior of the plywood?
amaZulu offers sub-roofing options, designed to imitate a natural thatch ceiling. With the Viro thatch reed layered panels on the exterior, no one will know that you have a sub-roof. All you will see are thatch reeds.
Is Viro thatch reed roofing supplied in only one color?
Our standard stock item is made up of multiple natural colors to imitate natural reed thatch. However, we offer custom blends of any color for larger orders.